Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Primitive Wash Stand - Painted, Finished

This is the painted finish for my Primitive Wash Stand  project. I picked up a litre of oops Turquoise latex Saturday morning. Pretty good deal - $1.50 plus tax.
Mixed up some homemade chalk paint using the oops paint.
The recipe I use is 1/1/6 (1 plaster of paris, 1 warm water, 6 parts latex paint, mix very well).


Side view, door repaired, painted. 
Needed 'something more' so I added Taupe Latex paint accents.
Finished - trimmed with taupe over turquoise.

Dad checking it out.  My Hero !
Love the handles.


Hope you enjoyed seeing this project to completion (see here and here).

Linking to:
One More Time
Apron Thrift Girl:Thrift Share Monday
Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday
Embracing Change
Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Friday
Mrs. Hines Class
From My Front Porch to Yours
Colorado Lady
Brambleberry Cottage
 The Vintage Farmhouse
Savvy City Farmer
Type A: Anything Goes
Elizabeth and Co: Be Inspired # 11
At Home with K: Terrific Under 10 Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff: Time to Shine Tuesday
Not Just a Housewife: Show Me What You've Got #66
A Bowl Full of Lemons: One Project At A Time
Northern Cottage
Coastal  Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia:Tuesdays Treasures
Knick of Time: Vintage Treasures Tuesday
House of Grace: Twice Owned Tuesday



25 comments:

  1. Love that color; great looking dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, this is my first time clicking on a blog and its a guy :) Great restyle I love the punch of color, very nice. This is a great photo of your dad too, I'm your newest follower.....stop on by for a blog visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your cabinet is the coolest...love the color...love the handles...it is a great looking piece...I am a new follower...I will be back again...great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color - nice job! I would love for you to stop over to my party and link it up - the party is happening now! Would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color. I haven't tried making chalk paint yet, but I may give it a try this week. Cute photo of your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Gorgeous! I loveLove the color you chose. What a great pop in ANY room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least, your "checker" has been around long enough to know if you did a good job. I think you did myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color. If your dad gives it "thumbs up" you know you did a good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite color! Looks great! ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Dad is a darling model! :)
    And boy would I love to have that turquoise wash stand! Thank you for the chalk paint recipe. I'll forsure be trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love the taupe accents. It really makes this piece stand out. Such a sweet picture of your Dad. My Dad is my hero, too.
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Tell, Rob.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found you on Thrift Thursday. So glad I did. I love the color and love the primitive piece. My Dad was my hero too. Hope you'll follow me as I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Rob ... the finished product looks great. Love the two colors together. Great picture of your Dad ... he looks to be very proud of you.
    Found you on Mrs. Hinds Class Show and Tell
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z. Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good. So glad your Dad is there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That color is so pretty! You did a good job. I found you at Show and Tell Saturday. I just love you cure blog! I'm your new follower and I would Like to invite you to come link up at my Sunday party it opens tonight and is open till next Saturday. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Also I would love it if you would like to follow me too
    Thanks,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks terrific! I love that your dad is your hero. The project was enough to make me follow your blog, but the hero part, that sealed it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! Love the new color! I love making my own chalk paint too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice job! The color is so much fun!
    Thanks for coming by to link up...I would love to have you back this week!
    See you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful job-following from MMS-stop on over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that turquoise is AWESOME! and dad is pretty good lookin!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First time here by way of ATG. OOOh I can't wait for the weather to get a bit better I have many DIY furniture projects waiting for me. Love the color you chose and the pic of your dad is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great piece and love the pic of you dad!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It has turned out great - love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...