Saturday, June 8, 2013

Home and Away again...

It seems a little strange to me the way that things change yet stay the same. I finished 6 weeks working in Kitimat, decided not to go back ( to long away from family). Now I am back at work on the Island on a shut down at a pulp mill, oh well I will have a little time to get some fresh travel photo's and look at some antique's there are a lot of shops in this neck of the woods. Meeting new people is always interesting. I managed to get some gardening (weeding) in and picked up a new phone a iPhone 4, it is going to be a real joy to use, I was wishing I had bought one on my last phone replacement. Ordered a scaffold belt it is compact and holds all the necessary tools firmly so as not to drop on anyone below. 


Flying Home


Eskimo Art taken at the Vancouver Airport


Home shots


Wendy took these photos
Scotch Broom is a real issue on the island I am doing what I can along the roadway behind our place. It burns hot and would make a good fuel for generating power it gets worse every year. The Anchor is in Campbell River at a boat launch.

and these as well

Sharing with: Little Red House, Mockingbird Hill Cottage, Boogieboard Cottage, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, A Blossoming Life

6 comments:

  1. The broom really is an issue here - such a scourge. I'm sure you are glad to be home, your garden looks like a lovely place to relax.

    from a fellow Islander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not have broom issues here in Ontario. Your garden looks lovely. Take care and have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos taken on your way home. Guess you're glad to be back and can putter in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gardens are lovely, Rob. I didn't know Scotch broom could be so invasive - I used to have some in a previous garden. Glad to hear you got home - enjoy those antique shops!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your post linked up at the Creative HomeAcre Hop gave me an interesting glimpse into your life in Canada, Rob. Thanks for joining us and we hope you'll come and party creatively again on Sunday at http://mumtopia.blogspot.com/2013/06/June16thbloghop.html
    Do let me know if you would like to write a guest post for Mumtopia - I'm sure my readers would benefit from what you have to say.
    Best wishes from the UK
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Rob! Your garden is lovely!

    Thanks for linking up to The Creative HomeAcre blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...