Saturday, October 14, 2017

Water under the bridge...

It has been a long time since doing a post. I have gone through a few rough patches and so has my wife Wendy. Getting older has taken some adjustments being mindful is a major one. Keeping in a happy productive mindset and not letting yourself go is so important. Being kind and understanding of others is another...
I have been working around the yard and garden and have started to plant garlic for next summer, planing on doing a local garlic festival in Aug. 
Recently tore down a fifty year old shed my neighbor gave me so now have lots of material to replace a shelter last winter brought down.


A young Peliated  came for a visit

The light at the end of the tunnel

Some of the wood from the old shed.

I am very rusty on the photos and will hope on my next time...



3 comments:

  1. I'm so very happy to this post from you! I have thought about you often. Hope all is better. I'm the same way - adjusting to the aging process and trying to stay as fit and healthy as possible. It didn't help my husband that I accidently gave him my pill box for this week and didn't notice he was taking my medicine for 3 or 4 days. Good Grief! I need to get a better grip!
    Take care of yourself and I hope we will be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging Rob. Love all that old shed wood - bet you can do a lot of jobs/projects using it.

    You are so right, getting older does mean being very mindful of what is going on around you, what you are doing and how you can adjust things that don't work as well anymore - routines, patterns, jobs ...

    Your garlic is the best, and planning ahead for next August's Festival is a great incentive to get things ready now.

    Hope you write more posts soon - love seeing your photo's too.

    Hugs.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob ... it does my heart so good to see you posting again. Sorry for the "rough patches" ... my husband calls them "rocks in the road". I have not posted much in the past two years ... Mr. Z. has been "stumbling" on the big rocks in the road. Good days and bad ones too. Today is a good day and we are very thankful. God is good and in control. Your load of wood looks like a lot of good projects for you. I love to collect old wood too. Hope to get back to my projects soon. Take care ...
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...