Sunday, February 12, 2012

Old Home Made Desk Renewed

Here is  my pride and joy. I picked this desk up a few years ago at a 21st Century Antique Show. It is from back East and is made from Ash. I think it is a homemade piece. Have been wanting to freshen it up for some time. Using the same chalk paint I mixed up from my post on home made chalk paint here, I spent part of Thursday afternoon cleaning the desk, painting and when it was very dry, waxing and buffing.
 Before pictures, anything to freshen this desk would look good.
 I left the unpainted underside alone so the original wood could be seen.
 Nice contrast from truly vintage yellow to a calm shade of green.

A 'before' and 'after' comparison.

Where this blogger posts.

Thanks for visiting.
Rob

Hey - guess what ! Debbiedoo's: Garden Inspiration picked my post here as a feature. 
Thanks Debbie.

Linking to:
One More Time Events April 27, 2014
 
House of GraceCoastal CharmElizabeth and Co.TypeAKnick of TimeA Diamond in the StuffNot Just a HousewifeA Bowl Full of LemonsApron Thrift Girl: Thrift Share MondayTwigg Studios: Sunday Show Off No. 1
Debbiedoo's Newbie PartyDIY Home Sweet HomeHomemaker on a DimeThe Girl CreativeSisters of the Wild West
Meg and Mums: Saturday Splendor No 10Be Different Act Normal: Show and Tell Saturday

16 comments:

  1. oh wow it was cute b4 now its WOW! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a piece VERY much like this! I hope to redo it someday......perhaps AFTER my daughter's QUADS are born! I LOVE what you hav edone with this. Just BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour it looks great thanks for linking up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece. FYI, been using Shaklee since the 80's, love the products

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a man who paints.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks great! Visiting from BoogieBoard Cottage! Drop by to see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rob ... really hard to paint those cubbies. You did a great job. My favorite color.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures
    http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking desk, really nice finish colour. How about a rustic CPU holder? Is that a possibility?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great job! Would love for you to stop by and link up to the Tuesday To Do Party (if you haven't already.) Also, the Pretty Packages Party is going on & I would love for you to share any creative gifts, packages or party favor ideas!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-part-49-and-48-list.html

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/pretty-packages-party-12.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love a piece of furniture with all those little shelves and nooks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the transformation! I would love for you to stop by and link up at my Linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job Rob! LOVE that color. You are so good. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. I loved the before, but the after is even better. The green is a great shade.



    I'm stopping over from the newbie party and I am your newest follower!
    I'd love for you to come check out my (newbie) blog too and follow back, if you're so inclined.

    Have a wonderful night,
    Sarah
    www.adventuresofourfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rob, your desk turned out beautifully! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cabinet/desk is gorgeous, I love the colour. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...